At some point over the last couple years I found out about OpenDyslexic. I've been wanting to add the ability to view my site in this font ever since.

When building websites, accessibility often seems to be an afterthought. And when we do work on making our sites accessible (which we definitely should be doing!), that focus is generally on screen readers and keyboard navigation. Approximately 1 in 10 people have dyslexia. So I added a little settings menu to this site to try to make it a little easier for that 10% of people to read this site.

Just click the icon in the top right corner and check the box to enable the OpenDyslexic font.

My co-worker Corinne has also done some similar work. You can check it out on GitHub to see some more.

< Home